28 May 2014

Because We Are Giants

I suppose most of you know by now that if you read this blog, you are going to have to listen to some Lindsey Stirling whether you like it or not.

And I literally cannot stop listening to this song.

It may interest you to know that I just came back from my last speech and debate tournament in San Diego.  I didn't come back with any earth-shattering trophies like I have in years past, but some of my friends did, and that makes me feel more proud of Ourselves than if I ever won anything.

I remember when I first came to a speech tournament and speech was the only reason I was there, and the people no more than faces. By the end it was the opposite, it was those faces I missed so much and knew I was going to miss that made my heart skip, the speeches I gave had long lost that rush of adrenaline. I kinda sound like an old sport, but winning really didn't matter to me anymore. All I cared about in the end was saying something that mattered.

This song literally could not be more perfect in describing the adventures I have had in Stoa speech and debate. It's the sort of song that plays at the end credits of this crazy ride after the applause dies and the staff stacks up chairs and we pack up our things and look at each other, smiling, not saying a word, knowing that this is not the end of the story, because we are, we are, we are giants indeed.

Call it our theme song, the theme song for all speech and debate, for now and for the people who follow us. I'm so proud of us I can barely contain it.





Do you feel like you're second-hand?
Do you feel you're afraid to stand alone?
Cut away every safety net
Live your life so you won't regret the road

Feels like you're standing there so small
Just the space between the stars
Don't be afraid to risk it all
Cause we are we are

We are giants
We are giant
We are giants
We are we are
We are giants
We are giant
We are giants
We are we are

Raise your flag; Let your voice be heard
Put your heart into every word you say
All your failures' a cornerstone
Build a house with the things you've thrown away

Feels like you're standing there so small
Just the space between the stars
Don't be afraid to risk it all
Cause we are we are

We are giants
We are giant
We are giants
We are we are
We are giants
We are giant
We are giants
We are we are

Feels like you're standing there so small
Just the space between the stars
Don't be afraid to risk it all
Cause we are we are

We are giants
We are giant
We are giants
We are we are
We are giants
We are giant
We are giants
We are we are


No comments:

Post a Comment