26 February 2016

By Bread Alone (The Seven Days of Destruction)

When man lives by bread alone
I’ll finally be free
Reclaim my fame, shake off my shame
For no one’s watching me.

When man lives by bread alone
We’ll live in harmony
No iron fists or Communists
From sea to shining sea

When man lives by bread alone
There will be no restraint
No tethers to my feathers
No sinner and no saint

When man lives by bread alone
We’ll have no need for cops
We’ll laugh until we vomit blood
And find we cannot stop

When man lives by bread alone
We’ll carve statues, slim and nude
Discard defects, our god is sex
My children are his food

When man lives by bread alone
Our souls will wash away
Below the streets, between the sheets
Our bodies will decay

When man lives by bread alone
Alone I’ll always be
I'll hold my breath, await my death
For no one's watching me.


1 comment:

  1. I super like this. And all of the other posts surrounding it. Thank you for writing.

    ReplyDelete